Mineral silk lashes is one of the most popular cosmetic products on the market today – and also one of the most profitable.
A mineral formula makeup product which retails for $40 could cost less than $1 to make – that’s one of the reasons many entrepreneurs wanting to start a cosmetics business often specialize in foundations, blush, eyeshadows and body sheen products made from minerals.
Another reason is that mineral based cosmetics are exceptionally quick and easy to make – there are fewer steps involved in the manufacturing process than with traditional liquid foundations.
What exactly is Mineral Formula Makeup?
Although there is no exact definition, mineral makeup is usually in powdered form — though it can also be liquid — and is comprised of micronized color minerals (Iron Oxides and Micas) and sunscreen minerals (Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide).
Of all the cosmetic ingredients found in skincare products (including not only foundations, but also eye and cheek colors and body lustre powders and lotions), minerals are the most “natural”.
Iron Oxides used in face and body cosmetics are naturally derived minerals from sources including carbon deposits and china clay.
Micas used in mineral formula silk lashes are also naturally derived from the mineral Muscovite Mica. It is primarily used in cosmetics to provide lustre effects and produce a silky feel when applied to the skin.
Titanium Dioxide is obtained from the mineral Ilmenite. Zinc Oxide comes from Zinc Ore.
Some mineral formulas also contain the naturally occurring Bismuth Oxy-chloride, an opalescent pigment obtained from Bismuth. This is added to provide lustre and a smoother texture to the cosmetic.
Why is mineral formula make-up so popular?
Mineral based cosmetics have many advantages over cream or liquid or traditional powder foundations. These include:
1. The sun protection properties of the minerals provide anti-aging benefits
2. Mineral silk lashes looks and feels more natural than most other cosmetics. It can be applied in layers to increase coverage where required.
3. Mineral silk lashes adheres exceptionally well to the skin and is highly water resistant.
4. It is quick and easy to apply with a brush.
5. Convenient for travelling – no liquids or spillages.
6. Mineral formulas usually require the addition of very little, if any, preservatives when in powder form. Zinc Oxide helps inhibit bacteria.
7. For anyone with problematic skin, allergies, acne, etc, mineral formula silk lashes is generally low allergenic.
There are many benefits in mineral formula cosmetics – for the consumer as well as the manufacturer.Ease of manufacturing, low cost of ingredients, high retail prices and the continuing high popularity of mineral formula products makes this an ideal way to start a high profit cosmetics business.
However, if you are considering a business making cosmetics, it is important to use only professionally formulated mineral formulas. Some experience is required in knowing the correct proportions of minerals to use to obtain the required consistency, stability, color and feel to the cosmetic product. The formulations of an experienced cosmetics chemist can save you much trial, error and unnecessary expense.
Article Source: xvhair